Monday, December 14, 2009

Nats Report

I'll keep it brief. In fact, I'm just pasting in an email I sent to one of my mates. Will try to put up a few pictures later. Thanks for reading.

6000 miles of flying, 2000 miles of driving, 14 minutes of racing...

Started 65th out of maybe 110 or so. Bottleneck did not go well for me, but I thought that I was riding well and moving up, but crashed hard on the ice about 1/3 of a lap into it. Got up, gears skipping, not sure why but all the big ones still worked. Was WAAAAAAAY back there by now. Moved up strongly but some tool knocked me over and him and another guy got by. Reeled them in, but the second guy dumped it right in front of me, on one of the only parts of the course where they had cleared the snow. I went right over him. Right shifter/brake (SRAM) was broken completely off. Tried to ride as a one speed, which was working well. Trying to ride on an ice course with just a front brake? Not so well. Dumped it again hard and called it a day...

Bought Jonny Bold a beer before he even got his stars and stripes jersey pulled on.

Drove 1000 miles straight back to LA yesterday, snow, sleet, freezing rain, fog, rain, you name it. Mountain passes closed, tire chains, etc. Got in at 12:15. Slept 4 hours and caught a flight home Sunday.

2009 season now over.

No comments:

Post a Comment