Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Trainer Challenge


Where is Solo, the Wonder Years Edition - - Here is a hint: apparently as far back as 1964, I was already sportin' a bad haircut and feelin' miserable when around children. Some things never change. Go HERE for the answer.


OK, at least Gewilli was following along. In case you missed it, the goal was to ride the trainer every day in February, at least 15 minutes. I didn't start until Feb 2 for some reason, but I kept it up all the way until the final sprint, where I blew it by missing the 27th. I did ride outdoors that day though, but even on all the other days I rode outside I still did a trainer session as well. Since I missed two days, I kept it up until yesterday. And on the 29th day, solobreak rested.

Disappointing feedback on the "all the blogs that died" post too. I'd have thought there would be more mention of blogs gone missing. I thought of a few more, but I already forgot them. Undeterred, I'm going ahead and issuing another challenge for March. In honor of our orange-suited friend, I'm making this one easy for him. The King of Style has previously extolled the virtues of the "two a day," and he's about as PRO as PRO can get, pulling down a taxable income from racing his bike at the highest level and all, so we're rolling with that. As many two-a-days as you can get this month. Anything counts, so long as there is a decent break between sessions, let's say five hours. Riding to the donut shop, hanging out for a bear claw, and riding home doesn't count. Sorry Ted. Commuting of course counts.

To make this more interesting, I'm adding some twists: Rides with Rooter count for quintuple (Must send in pic, preferably holding a dated newspaper, hostage-style, for verification. Bad photoshopping not only accepted, but encouraged), unless of course you ARE Rooter, in which case they only count for double . Sound complicated? Of course it is, anything involving scoring and Rooter just has to be, that's the way it is. To take this two steps further, and because I know that those of you from out of state who don't know Rooter are crying foul, any ride taking place on March 1 or 2 counts as double too, since the challenge wasn't announced yet, and any wanker sending in a picture of themselves riding with a boner-fide (huh-huh) PRO or with two Cat 1 women at the same time (because I make the rules) will also get quintuple points. If Rooter sends in pictures of himself with the flock of hot racer chicks he normally is seen with, we'll probably just declare him the winner. Decision of the judges is final and the contest is not valid in Wyoming, Montana, Guam, or Nashua/Tijuana. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment