Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Q2 Report


Solo did not race much in June, but here he is making his New Britain debut at the head of the 45+ field.

Not much racing = not much blogging. Not a lot of news on the training front either. This has mostly been a rest and rebuild month, otherwise known as January in the summer. Ended the month with 42 hours on the bike, bringing me to 232 YTD, which eclipses last year's record (for the first six months) by an hour and a half. Unless I'm forgetting something, the only races were New Britain and once at Wompatuck, plus the Rehoboth TT started up. I went last week and set fast time, thanks to a ripping tailwind. A slight course change diverted us down Agricultural Ave in order to circumnavigate a road construction trench, which added about 500m to the course. So my 18:51 came to just under 43 kph (27 mph), which is a rare achievement for me the past few years. I don't think tonight will be as fast.

June was a good month to be in the solobreak sidebar though. Let's do the rundown. I'll stick to alphabetical order to make this easy on myself.



Thanks for reading.






This might end up being one of our last group photos before a new kit. Photo by Wolfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment