Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Get the AED



It's Thursday already, not enough time for proper reporting. In a nutshell, Saturday the Walpole Cami 5k, first 5k I've run in over two years. In 2008 I ran four of them, the slowest being an 18:55 and the fastest an 18:10 PR. With my 10k times this fall being 39+, I was worried about breaking 19. Course was certified but a really dumb layout, with a tight loop off the start that actually crosses itself? WTF? And then they sent the walkers off first! Got there late, no warmup, and all this may have had me go out nice and easy for a change. Not sure as I did not see a mile one marker. Mile two came up in around 12:11, just on track for a high 18. In the last mile there was some downhill and I finished up in 18:41, very satisfied. Sunday was the world famous Putney CX. Above we have the Cronoman and a little post race drama, captured courtesy of EyeBob. Will try to bang out a report later. Thanks for breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment