Friday, February 24, 2006

Morning Ride

Well, there was no snow last night, so it looks like today will be my first outdoor morning ride of the year. The sky starts to brighten before 6 am on a clear day, and even with today's overcast the darkness has relented in time for me to head out for a spin on the MTB.

Yesterday was just a few easy sessions on the trainer. Falling asleep on the couch until 3 am, I then went to bed and tossed and turned for two hours before dozing off until 7. This left me with only 21 minutes spinning before work. Booking it out of there at the stroke of 5:30, session two lasted 41 minutes, all easy, and had me done in time to be eating dinner at a reasonable hour.

The weekend is not looking too good. An encore appearance by winter would not be welcome at this point, but I am going to head out now to make the best of the last Friday in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment