Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Licensed to [a-z]ill

Gewilli pointed me to the new NORBA license designations this morning. Not that I should care. I haven't re-upped my NORBA card in quite a while. But it got me digging, and here's what I unearthed (of course you can click and zoom):



Here is the back. This is how we used to upgrade.



There was none of this $150 UCI license stuff either. If you wanted an international license, it was a few bucks more and you sent them a passport photo. Pretty young and handsome looking for a 30 year old!



Here is the complete 1989 NEBRA schedule. Notice we used to start in late April and race road all the way through September.




Of course this is about NORBA. I had an expert designation back in 1992. How old was Colin then?



Of course this is all about me. Here are the results of my body fat testing at the 1988 Boston Marathon expo, where I manned a booth for the Boston Road Club. 166 pounds and 10%, in April. Just like this year.



Last but not least, I have a flyer for the 1986 Dover Road Race. Not sure why I have this, as I wasn't even licensed then. I think I picked it up at International when I was buying a bike. $11 was actually quite high for an entry fee then. If you ever did this race, please comment.



Thanks for reading and wasting your bandwidth, nostalgia buffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment