Monday, March 9, 2009

AToC Redux, TBOV, and Random Photos


Because I'm too lazy to write. Just in case you didn't pick up on the steepness of Ballard Canyon Road, here's one that might help you get the idea.


Robin and Rock Racing.



Climbs generally lead to downhills. Horner was not fucking around.



The Hope and Anchor Sporting Association spokesmodel refuels with a tri-tip sandwich at the top of the TT climb.



Just a portion of the the crew from the Bicycle John's ride, including Robin, Mike from Bicycle John's, Paul, Armand Schleck, and Ben Serotta.



The spread that Bicycle John's had for us, right at the summit of the ride. Warm clothes were transported to the top too, so pro.



The calm before the storm. The riders flew over this thing.


This is as close as I'll ever get to being a King of a Mountain.



Robin, Armand, Solo, and Paul. Yes, that is snow. We're at 4900 feet here.


The Quickstep guys were the only ones up there with dry jerseys for their riders. I tried to get one but they said it was the start of the season and they needed them all. Come back in October... I handed up about a dozen newspapers. The riders were flying and it was tougher than I thought. We have a video of the riders and caravan coming through, but Quicktime doesn't like something about it. I'm still working on it.


Robin and Jeff from Trek Bikes of Ventura hooked_me_up on this trip. I could not have done it without them. Thanks guys!


How often do you get a loaner bike that blows yours away?


Jeff rides this 6.9 with Aeolus wheels and SRAM Red. It was on sale too, with just a few hundred miles on it, my size and everything...


Riding on the PCH was not too tough to take. And out there, white kits stay white...


The view of Yerba Buena Road from above on Sandstone Peak. This is what me and Armand Schleck tackled the first day. This is an amazing stretch of tarmac. Thanks for using your bandwidth and I hope you enjoy the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment