Monday, March 16, 2009

The White Stuff



Solobreak: "What do you think of my new shoes?"

Cronoman: "I hope you plan on winning some fucking races if you're going to wear those things out in public."

Ok, so I've never exactly been the flashiest rider in the peloton. I don't own a single item of clothing from Rapha, Assos, or even Castelli. We won't talk about eyewear choices. My bikes are not always clean and shiny, although in my defense, in over 400 races, I've never had a dnf mechanical, and I do all my own work... My preference for ratty, black cloth handlebar tape has been noted on this blog several times. And you all know I don't replace saddles before their time just for appearance sake. So WTF is up with the white shoes, and pedals to match? Damned if I know. For that matter, white could be so 2008 and I wouldn't have a clue. I don't read Eurosport or whatever. This stuff doesn't match my team kit either, at all. Let's just say the white theme kinda grew on me during my trip. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment