Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Come to the Light

In case you haven't noticed, we're in peak daylight hours season. Don't waste it waiting around for deep summer; there's no time like the present to roll up the big hours. Forget all your stupid training goals that you never meet anyway -- you just love to ride, right? So just ride, ride, ride until you can't even stand up straight anymore.

OK, I'm half kidding, yet normally that is what I do this time of year. If I don't, then when August comes around and it's getting dark at 7:30 again, I'll wish I did. But let's not be stupid. I learned the hard way what neglecting your structural fitness during the peak season can do to you. I have ridden my bike until I couldn't stand up straight anymore. It wasn't a good idea.

With that, I present to you two challenges. 1) give the routine shown here in what might be the greatest blog post of all time a try. At least try part of it. 2) Come up with your own blog post, illustrated with 1/100th the amusement value of that one. I'm thinking Thom has a shot at (2) but none of you have a prayer at (1), especially him. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment