Friday, July 24, 2009

Gasp! Gloves


Contador wore gloves in the TT. He won.

Ever since this interview/story about the MIT cycling team and the wind tunnel testing of their collegiate champion TTT ran, I don't think I've been to a time trial where some know-it-all did not chastise another rider for choosing to wear gloves. A few years ago I even did a post about these gloves which were supposed to be used by CSC or something. Well here we are at the tour, and look, AC wore gloves.


Cancellara wore them too. He was second fastest.

I suspect Mr. Herrmann was just fucking with people, and lo and behold, it worked. If you read it on the internet, it must be true, right? Or maybe the Beavers wear hockey gloves or something. Personally, I consider gloves to be essential safety equipment. Don't go down without them. Thanks for reading.


Evans went bare-handed. He was 12th.

Images reside on cyclingnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment