Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random and Disconnected Stuff

Visits are up so my sense of obligation dictates quantity over quality today. We'll start with training. You might be bored or stagnating at this time of year. May I suggest going with the two-a-day. I don't mean commuting, though I suppose that is ok, but to me it's too much like work. The weather in June sucked and I never got to enjoy my favorite part of the summer, which is riding around the neighborhood aimlessly on a hot summer night as it gets dark. So I'm making up for it now. The streets are deserted, and it's good to stretch the legs one more time before the end of the day. Yeah it is junk miles. Even better if you do them in a wife-beater with no helmet and riding your zoot wheels. Train in the morning, ride for fun at night. Try it.

This is the time of year when I start to get a lot of questions about D2R2. Most of the conversations end with the enquirer saying "maybe I'll do it next year." Speaking of which, I even registered at vsalon yesterday, because obviously I don't waste enough time online already. There's a lot of D2R2 buzz on there. Most people are doing the 100k in order to save energy for some apparently popular old bike snob afterpartys. I'm somewhat tempted to try that myself this year, but I'd feel I was missing out on something if I skipped the long version. It would be fun to attack the "short" ride though, and the 9 am start would be a huge bonus.

Here is a link from the other day. I found this interesting. You might also. Or not. Here is another blog that I'm adding to the sidebar, because it is good. I should get out more often. Or maybe not. I've stumbled around and started to find a crazy surge in cycling blog/sites that are fashion/style focused. It's an urban thing. I know, newsflash. I guess when you live in the anthills you have to go out of your way to be different and get noticed. Here in suburbia people go out of their way to all appear the same.

cc.com disses Team Garmin pretty well in one of their blog entries. But are they unbiased? They sell the jeans. Which don't come in white. White is supposed to be PRO. Hincapie is a PRO. CC is supposed to be all about PRO. I'm so lost. Maybe I should take a poll (huh-huh) to determine which model solobreak should buy. I am so confused.

The leadout on the final stage was pretty impressive. I only watched it once, and as we know Versus doesn't show the helicopter shot if it makes one of their heroes look bad. But to me it looked like Garmin simply got overpowered before the last turn, and it was the GH surge that did it. Garmin had the position and weren't fast enough to hold it, and they ended up looking like Cat 4s yelling "inside! inside!" I'm not exactly sure what this means.

There were some other links that I can't think of and I have real work to do. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment