Thursday, July 16, 2009

shutdown -h now

I think I used that title before. I'm recycling. Anyhow, my WMSR ended almost as soon as it began. My digestive system and intestines went on strike during the TT night. So much for being a Workingman. During the race I thought I might be OK, but that is probably because I started out easy, downshifted early and often, and then faded badly at the end anyway. I ended up 10th in the masters, barely breaking 40 kph. Afterward I felt awful. It was already dark and the mosquitoes were out, making cooling down on the trainer problematic. I packed up my shit, picked up the gel wrappers that the classy Cambridge Bike kids were kind enough to leave behind on the sidewalk, and went home. Wednesday was hell. Last night and this morning only slightly better. In the past 36 hours I've eaten a half bowl of cereal and a piece of toast, neither of which stayed in my system more than 30 minutes. I did not even travel to the race last night. I haven't DNF'd in a long time but there was nothing I could do. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment