Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vintage Road


Everyone remembers this post card, right? I think it's the Wheat Thins crit in Harvard Square, not sure. And yeah, it's copyrighted material. Sorry.

I know most of you want more vintage cross but I'm having some issues with the archives, so bear with me for a while. With e-richie putting up all the nostalgia over on the salon I got inspired and fired up the flatbed. Some of this stuff caught my eye. Here are some old race flyers. Click the small image to see detail.


Salem was last night, so we'll start with that. From the pages of Velonews.

Hope you can read it. Entry fees from $9.75 to $15.75, depending on category. $7500 total purse. MTB lovers also note the listing for the Ross Stage Race. If you never heard of it, you are a real pink hat.


With Labor Day on the horizon, next up Killington.

A time trial, three road races, and a crit. $24.25 to enter in the Cat 3s, $1000 prizes. That's all for now, more to come. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment