Thursday, April 27, 2006

A short post.

I'd like to write more, but it is getting late and I need to do a good stretch before heading to work. After two vacation days and then a telecommuting day, arriving early to brace for an onslaught of BS is probably a good idea.

Yesterday's training went pretty well. I ran at lunch, my usual 7K through my neighbor's sprawling estate and the conservation land his ancestors were kind enough to put in trust. My HR would not go up, which was a surprise considering my telecommuting diet of coffee and caffeinated Gu. No matter, I went faster than usual.

Last night I met JG out on the road and got in 50K in 1:42 with two six-minute efforts at 40kph on the flats. I only took a minute rest in between while we rolled through Wheaton College. JG was still sick so he just sat on. I might as well abuse him while I have the chance because once he starts training he comes around pretty fast and has been a real animal the past few years since becoming a Cat 2.

All right, so now the season has started and if I'm going to train every day I need more shorts. My two pair of Verge team bib shorts are excellent. The ass is cut nice and big for my 24 inch quads, the leg is long enough for my freakish femurs, and best of all the bib is cut low enough that I can actually drain something without taking them off. The sad part is our new supplier's short have a bib that goes up to the chest. What are they thinking? Yeah sure, rolling up the leg is an option, but I think it sucks. And they make the knickers and bib tights the same way too, so there goes that theory. I really like the Verge's, so I checked out their website to see if I could get some generic ones, but the only stuff they have for reasonable $$$ are "Army" logo. The high end plain ones are like $140 or something. I know I should just bite the bullet, but then I'm sure next year we'll go back to Verge. Ideas? Anyone know of good bibs that aren't designed for Clarence "Long Dong Silver" Thomas? Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. You can get Giordana and Sugoi bib shorts for pretty cheap and they're lower. Check those out.

    I'm hoping that the team might go back to the VERGE clothing for next year because I HATE this VOmax crap that we have now. I especially hate the jerseys, LS and SL, and the jackets!!!!! The only good thing that they have in the entire line are their wind vests. And hopefully we get a sponsor so we can do this soon, unlike others on the team I don't have a closet full of team clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm stumbled upon to this blog, the content is very information thanks for sharing such piece of knowledge with us.
    SuperBoost WiFi Review

    ReplyDelete