Thursday, April 6, 2006

Crunch Time

Late winter and early spring were good times. It had to end. March training was very enjoyable -- low stress, no immediate goals. April has always been a bit of a sophmore jinx for me. The past few years (hey, I have been back to training for a full two years now!) I managed to put in more hours than March, but this has not always been the case, and may not be this year.

This week it is taxes. And work. With a few races looming, some restraint needs to be shown during the week too. Then we have rain. Fear not, I have managed to keep up with reading your blogs, and there are plenty of stray thoughts in my head that just haven't made it to the keyboard, but they might. The entries will probably continue to be sparse for a few more days.

All is not lost. Last night I did "1984" intervals on the trainer, aka "2 minutes hate." These were 2 minutes on, two minutes off, with the off period only partially so, and with the on periods alternating between big gear/lower cadence (~85) and not so big gear, higher cadence (~105). I made it through 3 of each for 6x2 minutes total work. The races come early this year, so this month's focus will be on more hard stuff. Gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. Solo, that Rye race sounds good, I'll probably do that.

    ReplyDelete