Friday, September 29, 2006

Parallel universe

More evidence that Moveitfred and solobreak are living the same life. Both seem to be living in lands once ruled by robber barons who left behind vast estates well-suited to morning runs and cyclocross training. Each has a favored field where summertime hay production had gotten out of control, leaving the sweet track lumpy, bumpy, and in the morning, fucking wet. Enter the Apple Festival, or in my case, the Harvest Fair. The custodians of the land have followed the lead of the Brookhaven DPW and suitably mowed the hayfield right down to a sweaty little nub. Screaming urchins and drugged senior citizens alike will continue to further the cause Sunday by taking numerous laps around my circuit in a horse-drawn haycart, thus tamping the track even further. Sweet.

Today's post by Fred deserves rich comment, but since I am not sure what the USCF statute of limitations is on pre-race potty violations next to freshly dug graves in the local cemetary just before the funeral procession rolled in (who knew?), I will keep it to myself. Let's just say it sounds like Little Fred has got what it takes to make it in New England cycling.

This morning was just a run. I still haven't figured out what is going on with all the tree cutting, but I'll get to the bottom of it. Not much else to report. Hanging out with Feldman this week, and he's found that he can harass the local skunk population from his perch in the bathroom window, and has incited sprayings almost every night. Not sweet. Golf tommorow, not sure about Sunday. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. LOL, your house must smell really nice right now. At least the cat hasn't gotten sprayed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - at least he's harassing them from the saftey of the bathroom...

    Dude's not all that dumb eh?

    The neighbors prolly ain't wicked happy about the smell eh....

    I can't see the word Golf and not instantly recall Robin Williams bit about it...

    Lets call it a stroke, cause that's what it feels like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, yes, it's like some sort of harmonic convergence. Except when it comes to foul smells around the growler, Moveitfred can handle that one himself, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK SB, I linked to the Ames info and then to the Easton info. It lists 4 HH Richardson building in town. There are actually 5. What is the 5th. Hint, It does not have a front door. Hmmm,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on my memory of the pre-event call of nature I would say it a better story for after a couple drinks rather than to put it down in type. I will say I pray there was some healthy embellishmet at the time it was told to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Based on my memory of the pre-event call of nature I would say it a better story for after a couple drinks rather than to put it down in type. I will say I pray there was some healthy embellishmet at the time it was told to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The library, the hall, the train station, the gatehouse and the mansard house, which must be the one they left off. On the dirt road behind there is where they are cutting all the trees down. I can't figure out what they are doing. They aren't clear cutting it but they thinned it way out.

    ReplyDelete