Thursday, September 28, 2006

Three things about me

After all, it's all about me. Here is my problem (well, just one of them). If I don't put anything up here, you'll stop visiting. Right? Yes? No? I am confused already. I can tell you are too. But I don't always have much to say, or anything to write. I'd like to just use a picture now and then, but my camera's woes are well-documented. I've got lots of vintage photos, but I've got a SCSI mismatch problem with my scanner and current PC's (also well-documented), so I can't go there either. I could do 100 things about me, but that would take a while, could only be done once, and would be gayer than Dance with Me by Orleans. So here are three factoids. Next time I'm in a pinch for an entry, maybe you'll get three more.

1) I've never ridden a bike with a suspension fork.

2) I live less than three miles from hospital where I was born (yes, they had hospitals back then, they just weren't very good).

3) I won first place in my age group at the local Ford dealer's Punt, Pass, and Kick competition twice, when I was 9 and again when I was 11, but I never played in any organized sports other than Little League baseball.

Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. if ya don't post i'll keep checking -hell - i still got Wellon's blog poppin up on the daily look see...

    and a few other 'sparsely' posting folks...

    Don't put up an entry if ya don't wanna dude...

    no pressure -

    hey, R ya gonna wander over to east Fowlmouth Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday is undecided. It all depends on what KL wants to do (duh). We might go to Pittsfield, which I think would be the better race/course, but we could end up in Falmouth because it is closer. Or she might go to Pittsfield herself as she will likely want to head straight home afterwards. I sort of would like to do the Mud, Sweat and Gears duathlon up in Ashland. There will be lots of chance to flounder around a cross course this year, but only a few duathlons. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh - yes - the KL factor - almost sounds like she just needs to head home and catchup from playing hookey in Vegas....

    ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh - yes - the KL factor - almost sounds like she just needs to head home and catchup from playing hookey in Vegas....

    ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. effin blogger....

    its really hosed today....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, don't listen to g, you've gotta post! and who cares what KL does, do your own thing, you're not joined by the hips just yet (k, I'm single but I'd still say do whatever, she's all Pro now, too good for the likes of us :P)

    If KL is reading this please don't beat me up :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. not that KL can't beat the crap outa dave herself, but if she declines and FnF is too much of a pussy to put the hurt on dave can i kick his ass..

    but yeah - being all Pro and stuff... i meant to say somewhere - prolly over at matts - hell that girl deserves the shit she's getting over at the bike place...

    She's an icon, like that sole patch freak Gary F... dude was freaky back when i saw him at CABDA...

    D. Rolf is wicked damn smart. I spent lots of time talking with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. d,

    why are you still living in the land of SCUSI. welcome to the world of USB and Firewire, my sweet.

    m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, and did I mention that my (broken) camera is so old that it has a serial connection? Remember those?

    Between the 10 years of alternative recreation in the 70's, and crashing on my head several times in the 80's and 90's, I have about six functioning brain cells remaining, but on a good day I can still understand serial communications and the assembly code that makes it work. Like the points and condenser, and loose bearing bottom bracket, the kids will never know what they missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dude, life is short.

    rent a suspension fork!

    i did once, and went mountain biking (on an actual mountain) with friends, well i was set up with a hawt chick.

    got off my bike, kissed the trail that i was not thrown over my handlebars 17 times, and that was my MTB career... i'm now more than happy just on the road!

    ReplyDelete