Friday, September 1, 2006

FKDIGT


Somehow this one got left out on dance week. Although deciphering this acronym will be far less difficult than making sense out of most posts on the Team BOB mailing list, you're of course free to venture a guess. My choice of spelling might be subject to debate, but hey, it's my blog.

The Green Mountain Stage Race starts today, which means I have to be on the starting line in Vermont in about ten hours. Since it's almost a five hour drive, this will have to be short. My prep this week wasn't so great, no riding Sunday-Tuesday due to rain, but I did get a massage on Monday. Wednesday night I headed down for the last Cat 3-4-5 amateur night at Wompatuck (Tuesday night Titans rained out), winning handily, but most of the Wednesday guys don't even race on the weekends. Last night I went over to Big Blue for a few repeats, which may not have been the best idea, but I didn't feel like riding in traffic. That brought me up to 47 hours on the bike in August (biggest month this year), and 271 for the year so far. This also marked the end of three years using the Polar training software, and I have 1052 hours on the bike logged in those 36 months.

So we'll see how it goes at GMSR. This is not an "A" race for me by any means. My knees are a little cranky today, and it might be rainy up there, and it'll definetly be cooler than I'd like it. I had to get the sweatshirts out this morning, as it is chilly outside already. Last year I didn't start running until Sept 26, so if I can start next week, I'll be starting a full three weeks sooner. I've also got golf partners from BOB lined up for next Wednesday, so that should be a fun rest day.

Not sure if we'll have internet access at the condo, so maybe there'll be no updates until next week. Not sure WTF is up with Gewilli's last post, I can only assume he got into the catnip on his birthday or something. Hope you all enjoy a nice long weekend, stay dry, stay fit, and stay sane. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of taking a spin over to G's house for an intervention.

    Good luck at GM.

    I got 4 passes for teh 'konk.

    Maybe next Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... well... no - me not in catnip...

    story to be told over a beer...

    on a mellow tuesday night ride stroll...

    its a new month - i'm now 2-3 days into my 36th year... things are different - call it an emotional hiccup - and good luck up there solobreak!

    ReplyDelete