Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recently Purchased

The Motels, Robin Lane and the Chartbusters, Letters to Cleo, 10000 Maniacs. It's an 80's and 90's revival. Then on my way home from Brucie's super-bowel party I heard the Del Fuegos. I need to grab some of them and the Atlantics. And I finally broke down and bought a TV. Actually a new monitor with a built-in digital tuner. Don't worry, it's not like I'm getting cable. No new bikes though. Well, not directly anyway. I just dropped $2700 on dental work, and we're not even halfway there yet. But my new dentist is a rider, Velonews in the waiting room! I didn't even know it was a magazine and not a newspaper anymore. Anyway, he has me in the chair and he's telling me about his new Superfly 29'er singlespeed. I can't talk back, but of course I'm thinking that without the wealth transfer taking place at that instant, the thing could have been mine. Just shut up and smile. I know this is weak, but it's been a week. Thanks for all the comments on the last post, and thanks for reading.

Update - I almost forgot this addition. Should be Gewilli's theme song. Except for the low lead. "Gimme three gallons of biodiesel" just doesn't have the same rhyme to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment