Saturday, March 4, 2006

Bring the jam...'cause I'm toast

Today's ride felt harder than it should have. Yesterday's intervals on the trainer must have been real -- they took their toll today. Thursday was a pretty easy spin on the trainer. Friday morning I was real close to skipping out completely, but after jumping on the indoor bike, the blood started to flow and I settled in for a short but intense session.

Nobody wants to hear more bitching about the cold. The winds of March shouldn't surprise anyone either. Today I had the luxury of waiting for the warmest part of the day before venturing out. KL's flight home was supposed to be arriving at 4:30, but she called in the morning with news of its cancellation, thus postponing her arrival until late tonight. After wasting much of the day, my ride started just after 2 pm. Yeah, it was chilly, and the wind made it hard to get comfortable, but it was OK. I was just tired. Going out easy was the plan, which I stuck to.

After an hour or so I opened up a bit on a short climb. A few minutes later, paying homage to Johnny Cash by doing the climb in front of MCI-Cedar Junction (aka Walpole State Prison), I was feeling pretty good. Another hour in the wind changed that. Toward the end I almost felt a cramp coming on. That just doesn't happen to me after only 2.5 hours. Finishing up just 5 minutes shy of 3 hours, I wasted no time in stretching and getting fed.

An easy week sounds pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment