Thursday, March 2, 2006

So this is March

Still pretty friggin' cold. Yesterday was fine in the a.m. for running. We have a turn of the century park with a classic baseball field and cinder track a few blocks over. The track was still ice and snow covered on one side, so I did 200m sprints up the clean side and tiptoed over the snow to recover. Worked out well. Telecommuting was not as good. Got busy in the morning, and sadly I had to go in for a meeting in the afternoon, so although the day was clear and about 30 degrees by noon, there was no time for an outdoor lunch ride. Spinning on the trainer for 30 minutes was enough to flush the running out of my legs.

I went straight to my massage after work. This is what makes training all worth it. My hips were a mess, as usual, and she also explained how a tight tendon in my shin was the likely cause of my foot pain. All better now. Yes, with the money spent on a year of massages, I could get a power meter instead! No f%$#'n thanks.

This morning temps are in the high teens; an MTB spin would be possible, but I am not willing to undo all the benefits of my massage by pounding over the ruts and grinding away while my muscles turn to frozen stone just yet. Turning this into a mere training log was not my intention, but that's all I got. March 1 morning weight 176 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's been colder than normal lately

    ReplyDelete