Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Eat, sleep, work, train

Without the train this week. It has been pretty wet around here, and I've also been trying to beat back the demons at work so that I'm not as buried upon my return from vacation. Tonight and tommorow look better. I've got my work cut out for me to get packed and out of here Friday morning so that I can get to Vermont in time for a decent warmup before the GMSR "prologue," which is actually a mass start hill climb. The start list for the 40+ field is up to 95 entries, and I count almost 25 that have won races in the past year or two, and that is just the riders from the northeast that I know of. Generally the ones who travel from around the US and Canada to this race have good reasons for doing so too. Once again, this race could be quite humbling.

I would have started running this week if I weren't entered in GMSR. Next week I'll be on vacation from work, so I should be able to ease into it without compromising my relaxation and training. We still have the Haverhill crit and the Bob Beal master's stage race coming up for road events, and I am much more suited to those than to the GMSR, so I am treating this weekend as a training adventure, but of course I would like to avoid finishing near the bottom in the hard stages.

I'm also looking for golf partners next week if anyone is interested. Canterbury Woods in Canterbury NH looks interesting, and I'd like to go sometime midweek. Email me soon if you think you might want to go, because if I line someone up I'm going to need to figure out how to squeeze the clubs in the car amongst all the stage race rubble. Later in the week I'll be back at home in Mass, and on Friday we'll be playing Lost Brook (free passes), so give me a shout if you can make that too. Gotta run now, we have a group meeting this morning, so no telecommuting today. Maybe tommorow. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. ok - make me feel like an idiot for posting my goals for GMSR. Looks like I shuld be happy to finish in the top 100!.....I will revise my goals after reading your post...how depressing...

    ReplyDelete