Wednesday, October 4, 2006

This is getting creepy

From Moveitfred today:

In a final bit of still other news, after a most excellent run through the woods and 30 minute spin on the rollers yesterday, Moveitfred intends to break away from this computer right now and go out for about an hour on shitty cross bike.

Yesterday, after an easy 26 minute run in the woods, I rode the trainer for 30 minutes. This morning, I took the cross bike out for an hour...

OK, actually it was only a half an hour. I wanted to try out the new Thudbuster ST seatpost. Yes, it is heavy, but I don't race well when my lower back is in agony, and after 20 years I figured out that most of it was due to bouncing over frozen tundra on skinny tires. The ST feels really sweet, so much so that it makes the front end of the bike feel harsh. On smooth pavement, it feels a bit like riding a soft tire. I have the middle elastnomer in there now, so on courses with lots of pavement I suppose I could put the higher durometer one in.

The harvest fair was last Sunday, and it rained like a mofo. Well, instead of just packing down the grass, they used it for a parking area, and now the field looks like we already held cross nationals, or a tractor pull or something. Very muddy today, but once it dries out and packs a little, it could be better than ever. Now I need to get back to work and see what I can accomplish before lunch. I'd like to get out for another ride. Oh yeah, and BTW, despite living in LI, I see no reason to exclude Moveitfred from the stupidity competition. Long Island is at least as worthy as Connecticut. How many bozos do you think are going to be interested anyway? Second BTW, did someone already do a cross bloopers video? That would be a lot more entertaining than boring race footage. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. good point about Conn...

    LI isn't any different...

    so...

    as deemed by the fruitcake who wears the early 90s dorky Brikos... we allow the honorable moveitfred into the competition...

    assuming he actually races instead of showing up just to talk to the Kona Towers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moveitfred is dabbing away the tears right now.

    By the way, this whole parallel universe thing is really farking me out.

    ReplyDelete