Thursday, October 5, 2006

Wind up workin' in a gas station

Gloucester (Glawe-stah! for you out of statahs) weekend is almost upon us. Why is this a big deal? Is it because all the best 'cross racers in North America are descending on the home of The Perfect Storm for a perfect pair of UCI C1 cross races? No. Is it because several hundred of the not-so-best 'cross racers in New England are going to line up for the group grope clustaphuck that is the start of one of these things? No. Is it because after 12 months, I'm finally going to pay off the Woodsman and Callahan with the 40 oz bottles of OE 800 that I promised them last year? Not quite. Then why is this a big deal? Simple, because we are all waiting to see if Logan is going to emerge from hiding and come up with a new cross video! He's not on the start list though, so I guess we shouldn't hold our breath (breaths?). That's too bad.

If you're one of those who was not lucky enough to take in last year's festivities, and you also haven't seen his videos, click on over for a treat. As a public service, I'm also revisiting the following link, which contains a cameo by none other than solobreak himself: The KL 2005 cross movie.

In other news, I pulled off (huh-huh) the double cross ride yesterday, taking to the fields a second time for an hour after "work." Some of the mates have expressed interest in tackling The Pinnacle Challenge next weekend, and I think I'm going to go for it. This conflicts with the Maine cross races, but since last year the organizers elected to run us through 300 meters of shin-deep mud in order to avoid paying for landscaping repairs on the perfectly good field right next to the bog (bitch, bitch, bitch...), I don't think they'll be honored with my presence this year. So the Pinnacle it probably will be. For that matter, I didn't get in to Gloucester on Saturday, so if I can get my sorry ass out of bed early enough, I might head up to Eliot, Maine for a 3-17-3 duathlon in the morning before going to the big dance to watch KL. Ok, that's it kids, enjoy the videos, even if you've seen them before. Those of you in Logan's inner circle, give him a slap and convey how much we miss his work! Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. too bad, seems like a lot of teammates aren't racing cross this year. Does this mean that KL won't be racing either?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dats funny - cause it seems most of my team is coming outa the woodwork now...

    that or i am and am noticing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ??? The usual suspects will be at the cross races. Hell, I said I got in to Gloucester for Sunday. And I wouldn't be going to watch KL on Saturday if she weren't racing, would I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah hell i forgot about that cross video...

    how much does Eric Roman Polansky Marro charge for such incredible footage?

    ReplyDelete