Wednesday, February 7, 2007

On target

Somehow yesterday's post was interpreted by many as being filled with gloom and doom. Wrong! Those who know me personally will vouch that I am a delightful and uplifting mofo. Don't let the tales of old age get you down. If anything, I was celebrating my ability to humble younger riders, crushing their pathetically weak souls at will. Not only that, but of course there is a certain relief that comes from knowing my rat race days are more than half over. Hell, it's the figurative Thursday morning of my working life! The issue is that I haven't accomplished a good week's work yet, so Thursday and Friday (so to speak) are going to be a bit hectic.

Now that we've cleared that up, not much else to write. Rode the trainer twice yesterday. The fan noise is starting to get to me, so I must be going faster. Last Saturday I went up to see Jamie Sarkisian to get my Polar products some TLC and new batteries, picking up some additional sensors too. I put one on the back of the trainer bike, but I have to mount the watch (huh-huh) under the seat for it to be close enough to pick up the speed. Of course I can't read it from there, but no worries, I can't see it all that well on the handlebars anyway. I can download numbers though!

Last but not least today I installed a neat little Firefox extension called TargetKiller which prevents site custodians like Gewilli and KL, who are paranoid that you will leave their site and never come back, from forcing links to open in a new tab with the target="_blank" tag (doesn't do anything to nuke excessively long run on sentences though). It can be used universally, or in conjunction with a whitelist or blacklist. So far so good, very cool. That's all today, a nice tempo run in the 19 degree sunshine awaits, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment