Monday, July 16, 2007

Fluid Dynamics



OK, Saturday was build day. I've got some handlebar issues to work out, but the new bike is ridable. I'm not thrilled with the shifters on the aerobars setup. I prefer my old school Rominger style bar ends on the cowhorns. Yesterday I found myself constantly reaching to the wrong location. With the shifters on the cowhorns, I don't need to sit down to shift when climbing or accelerating out of a corner. I capitulated to current fashion and tried this setup, and now I don't think I have time to switch it all around, so I'll go with it at WMSR and see how it works out. The position needs a little work, but I think I'll get it right. The new helmet feels great, no wind noise issues like my old Giro Aerohead. I don't have a 9 speed disc, so I guess we'll be going with the tri-spokes front and rear. I think I could do a lot worse than that. Here are a few more shots. Thanks for reading.







14 comments:

  1. yah need one of dem campy delta brakes... THEN ya be aero...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these things is not like the other!... as the Sesame Street song goes..
    Yeah one of those rigs looks a little bit limp-wristed.. We have high expectations for you and Ge this week.. Let's get some bookmaking going. I'm in the mood to do some sports betting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 3 people (masters) who beat me last year are entered this year: Munroe, Mills, Ruane. But then we have Boobar. He has to be the favorite (for the TT). Ruane won both the crit at Fitchburg and at Claremont Saturday night, and is defending champ, so he is the favorite for the overall.

    Gewill is a dark horse for a top 10 TT amongst the 4's.

    The old bike is dated and weighs 5 pounds more than the other one, but it's still fast as it puts me in the right position. I wish I had more time to dial in the new bike...

    ReplyDelete
  4. horse is about right... kinda suiting my Mt Bike class: Clydesdale

    ReplyDelete
  5. good lord solo.

    what's next, an aero helmet?

    oh, nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey it could be worse...

    he could be a slow ass mofo and have spent $4grand on a TT bike...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shifters $65
    Rear tire $25
    Aerobars - $100
    chain - $26
    helment - $190

    Frame and wheels - borrowed, trial purchase, hopefully will barter.

    Everything else was in the parts bin already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah cause ya hair is gonna make a difference under your new BELL lid...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vegas line on GeWilli's time: 15:56.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what's the line on solobreak's time...

    or Zoo's time?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoo rode 18:02 last year on a bike he borrowed in the parking lot 5 minutes before the race, when he found out he did not have to marshall. I think he borrowed the helmet, kit, and 5 sizes too big shoes too.

    I rode 15:13 last year. This year we are back at the elementary school so add 5 seconds for the turn into the driveway. I want to break 15. Toby Walch rode 14:06 last year. I think that is the course record (28+ mph).

    ReplyDelete
  12. not a bad bike for a few hundred bucks. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete