Tuesday, December 25, 2007

100 things about me

Don't worry, I'm kidding. But like all blogs, it's all about me. For 2008 I'm thinking about making "10 things about me" a monthly feature. That covers one day a month, bonus. Sorry, but a lot of it will end up being historical. Don't worry, this stuff is going to end up varied. The listing order has nothing to do with importance, impotence, or incompetence.

1) On September 28, 1980, I was at Martinsville Speedway when Dale Earnhardt won the Old Dominion 500.

2) One week later, I sat on the Lotus pit roof at Watkins Glen and witnessed Alan Jones winning the last Formula One US Grand Prix ever to be held there.

3) I did not graduate from high school. The last year I finished was 10th grade. I was an auto mechanics major.

4) Before I got into other kinds of motorsports, I was obsessed with drag racing and my heroes were Reher, Morrison, and Shepherd. To this day I can recall arcane details about small-block Chevy motors.

5) I graduated from UMass Lowell with a 3.83 gpa in 2003, at age 42. It took me seven years of attending night school to finish.

6) The most famous person to ever buy me a beer was Ned Jarrett.

7) I have drank beer with one of the founders of beeradvocate.com several times.

8) The only political campaign I ever donated money to was Lois Pines in her run for Mass. Attorney General in 1998. She did not win the primary. She is considered to be quite liberal.

9) I have given bike racing advice to New Hampshire Attorney General Kelly Ayotte. She is considered quite conservative.

10) I have never been outside the United States of America.

Thanks for reading!

Not random and not unrelated link. Look who is number ten...

6 comments:

  1. Ned Jarret. That is fucking cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaaah!
    Number 10 is the shocker. Don't you have any curiosity? or relatives in other countries? Man alive you need to get out of this place!- it's time for a trip! Do you even have a passport?
    Number 3 I can relate with.. I hated school, put forth a minimum level of effort to graduate HS.. even though my GF was a bookworm who later went to Wellesley..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Gene Vincent!

    I studied an university in England.

    I had my 22nd birthday in Milan. We honeymooned in Tuscany.

    Went to exclusive prep school.

    You'd think I'm the anti-Foley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bragging, just a different set of experiences.

    Pawtucket is easy. Next town over. I've been around the state a little bit.

    My dad is from Oklahoma so we would drive to OK every summer for vacation. As a kid I got dragged around the lower 48 a lot. I have seen all lower 48 from teh back seat of a car. Now we stay put for the most part. We got a GPS for Christmas ans are going to return it. No need for one when the furthest afield we go is Quebec.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relax Brucie, I wouldn't get mad at one of my only readers. Do I look like Murat or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm relaxed, just touchy.

    We can discuss it over a beer at a P-Bruins game.

    ReplyDelete