Friday, March 9, 2007

Taper

Not much running this week. Nine days and counting until New Bedford. It has been cold as a mofo around here, so I've been indoors doing my running "speedwork" on the trainer. I think this has made me 100% ready for the bike racing season, so long as the races are only 30 minutes long and we don't go over 17 mph.

Today I cranked it up to 6 x 90 seconds at high rpm in the 39x15 with one minute rest in between. This may seem lame to you, but that's good. He/she who wins races on the trainer in March gets squat. How many wins do you have? It is March however, so of course you can't just sit there twiddling the pedals, so that is why I'm adding a bit of modest effort in order to prepare myself for the harder stuff that is coming soon.

I read a few blogs about the Benidorm mofos going to a training race and really killing it last Sunday. Yikes. No wonder I get blown off at the April races. People are crazy. Also checked out Feltslave's Raleigh Grand Prix. Holy shit that's a DWI bike. Oh yeah, I know all of you already read cyclingnews, etc, and posting links to media that everyone already fucking reads is lame, but too bad, check out this guy who clearly went to the solobreak school of descending. I've burned my knees on the front tire a few times with that trick. Speaking of front tires, don't blow one out when in that position. Thanks for reading this lame post.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - I love lame posts! I've just started with higher-intensity stuff and am loving every second of it. I can't wait to hear how your events go!

    ReplyDelete