Monday, January 7, 2008

The middle of the ocean

That's what my new cube feels like. My old cube was the best of the best, way off in a corner, in many ways better than the crappy glassed-in private offices we have here. However, with my transfer, my old group wanted the seat for one of their own. Since my new group is based in a different building, but I'm staying here, I got stuck in any old cube, and the one I got (for now) is right in the middle of a vast expanse of the veal pens. But at least it's interesting:

Coworker #1 (male) and coworker #2 (female), seemingly inseparable, walk by.

Coworker #3 - "Is he doin' her?"

Coworker #4 - "Yeah, they're married to each other."

Fast forward a few minutes, skit two:

Dude in next cube, kinda shouting - "No! Put your mother on fucking hold!"

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. classic.

    reminds me of overheardinnewyork.com

    definitely worthy.

    ReplyDelete