Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Eat, Sleep, Train, Work

Not necessarily in that order. Trying to do less of A, more of B and C, and just enough of D. Success on the B part. I can't write about food like the pro, so instead on Sunday I tried to shop like him, venturing to Warren for a visit to the Market at Cutler Mills after my morning brick. Met up with G-man for coffee and a handlebar hostage exchange. I liked the market, except most items were not priced clearly, which wouldn't fly in Mass. As one who doesn't cook much, I especially liked the huge assortment of prepared foods. I bought some stuff called chile tempeh because it looked good. I had no idea what it was, and after I ate it I still had no idea. It was good, so today I looked it up, and there you go. The coffee beans I bought are excellent. I'd have purchased a lot more if I'd known they were only $8.99/lb, but again, the market goes with the mystery approach. Next time.

Training is OK. Still trying to mix it up, putting in time on the rollers and Concept 2 rower, which is stuff I haven't done in years. I'm up on last year in total hours, and about equal with 2006, still ahead if I count the gym. If I read about one more triathlete doing five hour rides on the trainer, I'm giving up on mankind (wait, didn't I do that already?). WTF people? Buy some gloves and tights. It ain't that cold out. Or just step up the intensity. And what is with the treadmills? I have yet to set foot on one this year. Last night's rain failed to wash away all the snow as hoped, but the pavement is fine today, and it's above freezing. Make it work.

That's it, boring filler. The alternative would be some sort of lame list. In my head I've written a riveting essay about why I am on the side of the ASO in the recent pro cycling soap opera, but I'm too lazy to actually write it in a manner that would justly present my intricate and intriguing insight. Not that picking sides in a war of assholes is any better than this lame post. I haven't posted any pictures in a while, maybe I'll do that later. For now, I'll go away. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. "picking sides in a war of assholes"

    HAH! good line, though it's just politics as usual, methinks.

    I blogged on the georgia trip, if interested. It ain't much, but it gets the point across.

    ReplyDelete