Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ibex PSA

Ibex has wool/nylon/spandex knee warmers on closeout for $20, with free shipping. Mine arrived yesterday. The large are nice and long, and snug at the elastics. My bony knees and non-existent medial quads leave me with a touch of extra material in the middle, but I doubt that I would be able to wear medium. These are sewn in the US, and the front fabric is mostly nylon, the backs mostly wool. Very sweet.

Some might argue that if it's warm enough to just need knee warmers, then it's not cold enough for wool. I'd reply that nobody ever dropped out of a race because their knees were too warm, and you can wear this kind of wool even when the temps are in the high seventies. If you don't believe me, ask John "wooden rims" Allis. And wool is the only fabric that still keeps you warm after it gets wet. Besides that, lycra knee warmers? For the most part they are decorative. Stay warm, stay on the high road, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment