Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This is why I hate plans

Everything fell into place for the trip at the last minute. Shencycling provided me with some awesome local route info, as well as put me in contact with the local shop, even though he himself is going to be out of town at the friggin' Ronde while I'm in VA. Thanks so much Mark. I firmed up all my accommodations and riding associates. My new Ibex bib shorts came in the mail yesterday, and they are simply awesome, sure to be my new favorite cycling garment. The organizers for Carrboro hooked me up with the full pro treatment for their event. Thanks so much to Tridaddy for his generous assistance. Feltslave set me up with a nice bike mount for the inside of the XBox, I got a new cooler, and am just about done putting the packing puzzle together. So what's the problem? After an entire winter of near perfect health, here I am, two days before my vacation, and I swear I'm getting sick. That would suck. But I'll deal. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. you gotta stop making out with cronoman...

    that or the biotic riddled yogurt boy's bug tagged along with the rack mount...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ibex bibs, huh? I'm in need. Are they 2 or 3 times better than my Volers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Little Fred" might think they are 10x better after a few hours on a cold day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I meant no buzzkill, but it's interesting that the anticipation is palpable in your writing. You Go, Solo!!!!

    Fwiw - it was 15 hours in the motor home, times 2........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I could help, just wish we could ride a few miles. enjoy your trip to the South.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete