Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Running Wrapup



This shows the past 180 days of running time by HR zone, with each column representing a 30 day segment. If you click and zoom you can probably read the detail. I'm not sure of the exact mileage, but if I assume an average pace in the mid 7's then it would be about 480 miles, which works out to just over 18 miles/week average. The biggest 30 day period looks like it might have been 100 miles or so. The down period in the middle included planned rest around the holidays after medical issue #2.

The good news is we can see that for the two periods with the highest volumes, one of which was the most recent period, the HR zone makeups were quite similar. The Nov-Dec period when was I was really reaching a peak and was quite fit. I may have been a bit fatigued then, as that timeframe also included a small number of cyclocross races. In the recent period, I haven't had much run race mileage, so there's no 5C red zone, but everything else looks OK. The January period did have a lot of races, such as the Millennium Mile and the Bristol 5 miler, so there was some high intensity in there.

I'm not sure what the next month or two will hold for running. I'm going to try to keep it up a little bit, but mostly it will be hill runs on the trails near work and mini-bricks at home on the weekends. My race schedule is still shaping up but I think I'll be working in at least two duathlons. Right now the focus is on bike racing though. The "real" season starts in just 19 days... Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment