Thursday, March 20, 2008

Three Twenty



The first day of spring. I'd be smiling today anyway though.

Yesterday the road to fitness took a detour. Oh well, I'll bounce back. The good news is my trip is shaping up. I've scoured some old blogs and pinged back and forth with people I've haven't met (yet), and I've already got more routes planned than I've got days to ride them. Now I've just got a shitload of loose ends to tie up before I leave, especially at work. I need to make some big progress in the next five days so that I can enjoy my time away and eat, sleep, train (and unfortunately, drive) the entire time. Let's not forget race. If I'm lucky maybe I'll squeeze some of that in this weekend too. I could use a test before I jump into the fire. All this means I should be neglecting the blog. Think that will work? Thanks for reading. Really.

Late morning update - I should not post before I've had coffee. This was supposed to be a shout to all the closet Beastie Boys fans out there. You know who you are. Not specifically you Trackrich, but yo just the same. If this isn't incoherent enough, what do Meatloaf and Johnny Cash have in common? That's right, last night's 90 minutes on the trainer. Don't knock it until you've tried it. What else? To top yesterday's non-stop eating (I think I'm going to stop telecommuting), but no, wait, today in the caf they had...donuts. Plain donuts! This might not be good. Thanks again for reading.

Update again - Blame it on Gewilli (BTW, any relation?)

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm donuts

    wtf

    solobreak going on a road trip?

    nfw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - i'm flattered - you calling me 'good lookin?'

    no - no relation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're a real head-turner alright.

    Actually, this came from reminiscence of one of the last times I was in VA. It was the early 80's at the Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway. After the race we were down at the fence talking to Tim Brewer and Jeff Hammond (both worked for Junior Johnson/DW at the time), and there was an inebriated bunch of infield campers down there blaring Hank, drinking and dancing. Stuck with me. Good times.

    ReplyDelete