Friday, March 21, 2008

No so fast

I'm very tempted to write this post as a Gewilli parody, but I'm also a little busy, so we'll save that for another day. Quick and dirty, I rode to work today, despite it being cold enough for there to be ice on the road, and of course the ridiculous winds blowing in this region. I almost bagged out on the idea, but then I remembered that today is a religious holiday and so traffic would be light, and off I went. Here is my route. Let me know if you can't access this without an account. I like runstoppable. You can drag your mouse over the elevation profile and make a little cursor run along the route. The scale makes this ride look mountainous, but in reality it's pretty flat. Regardless, I rode slowly. Nothing bigger than a 42x16, and on final grade up 138, the wind was brutal, and I said f-it, I'm not getting all pumped up right before I roll into work, so I relented and used the 30x19. Most of the ride I was in the 42x21 though. Even so, the trip took me exactly 50 minutes (14.15 mph), a full eight minutes more than last week's more energized ride. On Fridays they have a $3.50 breakfast buffet here, and I indulged in sausage, eggs, waffles with berries, a bagel, and excellent spicy baked beans with homefries. Shit, this was almost a Gewilli paroday without even trying.

Oh yeah, I ran the hill last night. Overall the 8.9 miles took me 1:11, one more minute than last week, but I took 16 seconds off my access road time, getting it down to 7:21. I'm thinking sub-7 is possible. Overall though my running seems to have slowed significantly. I'd like to get my blood retested (remember that 40 HCT back in December?), but I don't think there will be time before the trip. At least part of my problem seems to be undereating, but we won't be having that issue today. I think they're serving catfish for lunch, so I'll go for that. GCD finally put his New Bedford post up. He killed it with a sub 1:21. Rock and roll dude. Busy weekend ahead but I'm hoping to put together one or two more interesting posts. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing you're really missing is the creative grammar/spelling. And maybe a lecture about how bad for you the buffet food is. But the gear ratios and time stuff is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah go piss up a tree you two

    LOL

    ReplyDelete