Thursday, May 10, 2007

This post is meaningless

Not a river, not a stream, more like a leaky faucet of consciousness. I'm on an easy week. At first I had some doubts about it, as my past three week's block only amounted to about 28 hours duration, but the quality was there, and with age I've acquired the wisdom to know that too much rest is always better than not enough, so I'm going easy. Monday I spun for 15 minutes in the morning just to get the blood flowing and get Sunday's long drive home from NY out of my legs. Monday night I got a much needed (and much kneaded, pun intended) massage. Tuesday night I went home from work and lay down for a second at 7:45, woke up at 2 am, stayed awake long enough to brush my teeth, then slept in until 7 yesterday. I've been sleeping a lot this week, which is odd, but good.

Yesterday morning I rode for 45 minutes super-easy. Then I telecommuted. It got really warm, almost 90, by the afternoon. For lunch I did a 5.5 mile tempo run in the fields with the first five rolling off like clockwork at 7:30/mile, then cooled down the last half. After work I got back on the bike and rolled over to Sharon to pick up an elbow of coffee beans, enjoying a mocha at the sidewalk tables before riding home. So all in all I got in 2.5 hours of "workouts" even though it was a rest day. Very cool.

Slept like a baby again last night. Weather looks good again, so I rode in to work. Very stress free ride, using only very modest pedal pressure and a good cadence I got here in 41 minutes door to door. Passed about 100 cars backed up in a line on Washington Street in Canton at the Ponkapoag light. Tonight will be another easy ride home. I'm thinking of working Saturday too in order to catch up on some things and bank a day off for the future. Next week I'll ramp up a bit because after that I've got some racing and a week off work for some big mileage. Maybe tonight I'll take some commuting pictures, no promises. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. sleep...

    i could use some regular good long uninterrupted nights of sleep...

    lucky SOB

    ReplyDelete