Friday, May 18, 2007

Vacation

That's right folks, no work for 11 days! The rain is here just in time, right on the heels of my cold. The good news is my throat is feeling better, with the sickness moving on to my sinuses, but even that isn't so bad today. Last night after work things were quite chilly for May, with temps in the low 50's, so I took this as a last chance to do my Blue Hills trail run sans mosquitoes. The Timex GPS had a fresh battery and finally stayed functional for this entire loop, which turned out to be 8.9 miles with 275 meters of total ascent, including an 8:04 trip up the Big Blue access road. The whole thing took me an 1:15, so the pace is over 8 min/mile, but not bad considering it's 60% gravel fireroad.

Lot's to do to get ready to travel. Racing tomorrow against the road-raging u.m.c. white boy in a Jetta at Sunapee looks like it could be cold and wet. Surprise! I've got a team of four on board, and the start list filled out to over 40, so it should be OK.

Here's a link just for Britney, I mean Gewilli. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Cool pics...

    thanks...

    btw, my little sis's name is the same as you want to call me, but spelled properly... not all white-trashed and butchered...

    I'm still amazed and a little worried that the old anti-music Solobreak is so quick to pull a pop culture reference like Brit Spears...

    ReplyDelete