Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Schaefer Jingle

The most rewarding flavor,
In this man's world,
For people who are having fun,
Schaefer, is the, one beer to have,
When you're having more than one.


Congrats to our winners, both young and old, who knew this one. Did a quick search and it looks Schaefer is now owned by former rival Pabst, and tastes like swill. Downhill, just like so many other great brands of the past.

A school bus just pulled up out front, and it looks like the noisy little maggot who lives next door got let out of school early. So much for a quiet day of telecommuting. I've got a 5 mile road race right here in town tomorrow morning. The course is short, only 4.9 miles tops, so no hope of a PR. I think I'm a bit raced out anyway. My goal will be to once again try to start out easy and finally run a full race of negative splits, but so far I've never pulled it off. The competition could be a bit thin too, with so many Thanksgiving Day races, in which case I may be in the running for an age-group turkey. I think top 3 get them. In that case, I'll need to throw the plan out and run against the competition, not the course.

Most likely I'll race CX at Sterling on Saturday. Bike swap in Palmer on Sunday, but I'm due for a long run that day, so I may pass. I don't have much to sell. I still have a 1991 vintage Campy Chorus brakeset, complete, brand new, in the box, calipers, levers, cables, everything. Email me if you're interested, $150.

Today marks one week for the switch to black coffee. So far so good. I'm saving 140 calories a day, not to mention about $8/month not buying half and half. I think I'm brewing less coffee too, and not making it so strong, which adds to my savings. I've been more than making up for the calories lately though. Went to John Harvard's again last night... Got there late this time, as I had to go to a wake first, and I only had two or three glasses of their harvest brew. It still kicked my ass. I would have skipped this trip, but today is my favorite coworker's last day, and we took her out.




I'd post the other pictures and the movies but she'd hunt me down and kill me. I'm going to miss you Cindy. Thanks for reading, have a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment