Friday, December 5, 2008

Ahead and Behind of My Time



I completely forgot what I was going to write. I remembered the title. Fuck. So last night I saw Ariana Huffington on The Daily Show (you might have seen this the prior night. Remember, I'm a day behind). She has published a book on how to blog. Turns out I've got it mostly wrong, according to her. She advocated the unedited stream of consciousness. Anyway, if you missed Stewart's bit on what to get Dick Cheney for Christmas, go look it up. It made me laugh.

The most played list is the behind the times part that I remembered. Some of these benefit from being at the top of the trainer playlist, which is longer than a lot of trainer rides. Here are the most recent plays. I got looking at this stuff because the Itunes store kept recommending I buy more hip hop. I thought this was Genius working behind the scenes, but I didn't even have it turned on. It must have just been working on purchase history. Or maybe it thinks I voted for Obama or something. Anyway, it coaxed me into springing $2.97 for one cut each of Missy, Queen Latifah and Snoop. Then I did some looking around at a few hip hop websites, which was an eye opener. Hip Hop cover art is pretty cool. I'm not sure about the music, but the cover artists have got to be some of the most creative (or best idea thieves) in business today. It makes sense. The Funk was always way ahead of it's time with respect to cover art.

I still don't remember what I was supposed to write. Yesterday I got the cortisone shot. The doctor said to expect a "dramatic" improvement within a few days, or else he'll order a bone scan to see if the MRI missed anything. I'm pretty confident this is a nerve inflammation problem.

The auto show in Boston is this week. I saw pictures and ads for the 2010 Camaro. This was a huge letdown. As a high school gearhead, the 1969 Z-28 is the ultimate street machine that I of course never had the money to own. Fully restored, they are $30K and up now. I was never a Mopar guy, but the AAR 'Cuda of the same era was pretty awesome too. Now last year Chrysler went the retro route again, but the execution of the new Hemi Challenger was near perfect. The look is almost exactly like the original (Cuda's and Challenger were the same except for a slightly longer trunk on the Dodge). When I read the press release about GM bringing back the Camaro, I'd hoped they were going to do the same thing. They didn't. No wonder they're failing. People are lining up to drop $50k on the new Challenger. The promo video on the new Camaro is simply awful. It looks like they botched the entire project.



Maybe they'll do a retro Coupe d' Ville from the 50's or 60's. They can't possibly screw that up, and the rappers alone ought to buy enough to keep them afloat.

I moved back to the second floor this week. As an orphan (my group is based in Framingham), I get bumped around in the musical chairs game. At first I was kind of pissed, because my old cube was pretty much an uptown penthouse, right on the atrium, in the corner, one of the best. Now I'm down in the ghetto, high traffic, low lighting, but I'm finding it good. More people and more fun. Less blogging though; not so private. Sorry. And I still don't remember what the title is about. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment