Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Get a haircut, and get a real job

My apologies for the lack of a decent post today. After the weekend, my legs were sore. Not normal muscle soreness, more like connective tissue issues. Last night I enjoyed a wonderful late evening spin around the 'hood, no pressure, on the pedals or otherwise. After an early trip to bed, I awoke nice and refreshed today, but rather than go riding, or even get ready for Wompatuck, instead I took the time to do not much of anything, not even bloggin. After installing new cleats on my Rocket 7's, I still had time to give myself a haircut. Yes, I am a cheap mofo, and since 50% of the time my $15-20 results in a crappy haircut anyway, I may as well do it myself.

The end result was a well-groomed and rested solobreak for me, and not much of a blog entry for you. Tonight I will skip Wompatuck and just go for a spin instead. By popular demand, I'll try to get the Polar graph from Housatonic up for you, although I still haven't put the speed and cadence sensors on the new bike. I'm thinking about heading to the Bikeworks TT Thursday night. This could work. I won't be using my early exit pass today, so maybe I can pull it off on Thursday. I just had my review anyway. With any luck, next year I'll make more than I did in 1989. You see, this career switch thing was trading a really shitty job with pretty good pay for a pretty good job with really shitty pay. Which is pretty shitty, really. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment