Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Like freaks of a feather, we rock together

As promised, here is the graphic version of the ugly Housatonic Hills course story. Pretty closely matches the published profile, but in practice the third hill each lap was actually a series of smaller hills, and not nearly as hard as the first two. The climb at the end was pretty tough.

Today I have more ideas than time. Maybe later on, but for now I can't stay. Bolder, I entered a clarification in the comments of my post from the 18th. Ge-Willi, congratulations on the new crib. I can't say that I am familiar with that part of RI, but it seems like the riding would be better than over on the mainland. One year we were totally snowed in here, but Sakonnet point wasn't and there were some big groups rides hosted out of Tiverton every weekend. That's about the only time I've been down there. That is a bit further east though, you would have to cross the might Taunton River too, right? Or do they call it Fall River Bay or something? Speaking of which, tommorow I wisely scheduled myself a meeting at our Fall River facility (actually we are renting in the UMass-Dartmouth Tech Center until our building is finished) so I should be able to make a quick and easy escape to Rehoboth for the TT.

Now time to throw down (a challenge, which will motivate me to do the same). I've been thinking about posting a complete history of my bicycle ownership, all the way back to first grade. Why don't y'all do the same? Pictures would be even better, although I ain't got much (we were poor. Most of my baby pictures are black and white). I know I won't be able to remember them all, but it starts with a 20" Fleetwing hand-me-down. I didn't learn to ride until the summer between first and second grade. Embarassing yes, but I taught myself! No one was there to see the first pedal strokes. Funny part is I still live about 3 miles from there, so I cut through the old 'hood and ride that hallowed pavement every now and again. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment