Sunday, June 11, 2006

You can knit a sweater by the fireside

And on Sunday morning we got to go for a ride. Not the picture perfect June day, a bit cool, but after the crap that has passed for weather so far this month, today was special. Too bad I didn't feel that way. Yesterday's run must have really kicked my ass or something, because today, as Duano would say, I had nuttin'.

KL rode her TT bike, so she got to do all the pulling. We rode out of Nashua, just the two of us, and tried to avoid the hills. We looped around Hollis, Amherst, and Merrimac, staying out for 2.5 hours and about 75K. It felt like 4 hours and 120K to me. You would think after such a light week, the body would be fresh and ready to go, but I think I could have really passed for 64 today.

This week we have to decide if we are going to the 40K TT in New York. The drive really is obnoxious. I can't believe we don't have 40K in New England this year. Colebrook seemed pretty successful the past few years, with at least a few hundred riders. We are surely going to Hoosatonic Hills on Sunday. I have never done it before, and there is an all star field signed up for the 45+, so that should be tough. That is one more reason to skip the TT. This race doesn't sound like one I want to have that "not so fresh" feeling at.

Back to the grind at work tommorow. Super-Sammy returns from his Romanian adventure, so at least I'll have some tales to listen to, and he'll be there to help me and Jeremiah fend off the angry mobs. This is Motorcycle Week in New Hampshire too, and since the New Hampton Training Center is practically right in the middle of it all, we can look forward to some angry ranting from KL. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of going to that TT just for the experience. Do you know of any other TT's in this area?

    ReplyDelete