Monday, November 20, 2006

And so it ends - my 2006 bike racing season



Results from the Lowell CX race haven't been posted yet, but I don't need to see them to know that I scored some big Bloggercross points yesterday, albeit a few less than Gewilli. No matter, as now I've met the five race minimum, and I'll be sitting on my point total from here on in. I am done.

A quick review of the training log reveals that I toed the line for competition 46 times this calendar year. This includes six running races (two each 5K, 10K, 5 mile, with a PR at each distance), nine training crits, five training time trials, three duathlons, five cyclocross races, and twenty-one bike races (counting individual stages). I had only one DNF, a flat tire in a training TT, and of course I didn't start the last stage at the GMSR. Then we had D2R2, not a competition, but this 10 hour epic helped make the year memorable. Surely my biggest season in years, and I snagged a few podiums at "real" races and managed to win a Tuesday night Wompatuck for only my second time ever.

At Lowell, I could only "race" for a half a lap without blowing up. Enough is enough. I've been training and racing pretty consistently for eight months and it's time for a break. I'll run in my local Thanksgiving day 5 miler on Thursday, then that will be that. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. well done solo. rest, gorge, repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats it?

    that's it?

    you done?

    i guess... ya one of those roadies... too soft for full cross season...

    that is it R ya too old?

    anyway - well done ya fuck up...

    ReplyDelete