Friday, November 17, 2006

Obligatory Friday Post

Quick and dirty post. Spent the morning on domestic hygiene and made some good progress, but I still have a long way to go. No training today. The week wasn't so bad, did a couple of runs, despite stubbing my toe badly on Monday, and I got in my usually telecommuting road ride during Wednesday's warmth. Applied some TLC to my Wicked Fat Chance, lubing the brake cables and putting on some old 1.7 Ritchey Megabites. Took the cages and bar-ends off too, so I might try it for a lap or two at Lowell.

I'll go all Gewilliesque now. Here is the menu today here at Canton:

Entree
B.B.Q. Rib Dinner with Baked Beans, Collard Greens, and Corn Bread

Rita's Choice
Blackened Catfish with Remoulade Sauce and Dirty Rice

Soup
Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Specials
Assorted Pizzas
Fried Shrimp Po Boy with Shredded Lettuce and Spicy Red Pepper Mayo

What should I go with? Decisions, decisions. I'll have to scope it out. I've still been waiting for a sunny day to take some pictures of my lavish new digs.

So who is doing which race at Lowell? I want to go head to head with you clowns, but doing the masters at 10 am and getting it over with has a certain appeal too. I know Zoo and Feltslave are too junior to do the masters, but what about Gee? It would be really cool if moveitfred could take the boat ride and come to the city of boat people for the race too. This might be the last chance. Zoo and Felt doing the B's?

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. I'm registered and raring to go for the masters... at lowell...

    not sure what the plan will be yet... might leave it up in the air till then...

    start in the front and let Crono and FnF catch me... or start in the back and sit on a fast wheel till i keel over an die...

    how's it all gewilliesque? and how specifically would you define that word/style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd go with the BBQ ribs... just to get some collard greens...

    with the soup and a side of the catfish... and some pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gewilliesque means talking in great detail about the food you eat, or perhaps talking about work issues that nobody understands except maybe you.

    I got the catfish, it and the Remoulade were excellent, and the guy even through in some collard greens. This place is gonna make me fat...

    Lowell field will be bigger than it looks, because I don't think they'll start the 45's separate. If it's the same as last year, it is 3/4 lap around the cinder track, into a stone step runup (only 2 steps, a few rode it). Then it goes into some grassy loops, and eventually a significant climb that some overgeared folks couldn't ride, but most could. More grass/singletrack, then a big series of downhill grass switch backs, a little single track, across a field, more singletrack, then out onto the field and over some barriers, then back onto the cinder track.

    The start is pretty important at this race, but so is not making mistakes. There are a lot of opportunities to bail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fred! FRED! F R E D!!!!

    We want Fred in Lowell this Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And y'know - my open house is that evening (Sunday).

    Swing by. I doubt I'll be at the race due to said party and preparations for it... Fred - now you HAVE to come.

    ReplyDelete