Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another one just for Gewilli

As advocate for the downtrodden, I need to help a brother out in his time of need. (I wonder if he bakes bread? Then it would be his time of knead). Maybe I should have left up the "take it lightly and keep smiling" so he wouldn't forget.

Anyway, I can't believe you haven't commented on this one yet. I'm almost ashamed to admit that not only did I see Sabbath live, I remember the date, August 3rd, 1975, at the Providence Civic Center. We had seats in the nosebleed section (row T, for top), and Kiss was the warmup band, and that was the full pyrotechnics tour during which they recorded the Alive album. Needless to say, Ozzy and Sabbath were a little stiff and underwhelming after that. But somehow they've endured... Thanks for reading mofo!

2 comments:

  1. um... i do read a lot of blogs but that's one i haven't hit lately...

    I did have Iron Man on the mp3 player while watching the B U35 race listened to it three or four times... while getting prepped for my race...

    That LP and the Bosstones someday i suppose disc are my two most serious pre-race tunage... but turned up as loud as possible...

    I AM IRON MAN
    (ya can stop laughing now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along with your comment googleads sent me plugs for Black Sabbath ringtones and Timex Ironman with GPS (one of which I just bought two weeks ago). Before that, I had not made the connection between the reference on John's blog and triathlon. Duh. Seeing as he is a pro triathlete you'd think maybe I'd have put that together...

    ReplyDelete