Friday, December 1, 2006

King Biscuit Shower Hour

After the lashing we got on the lameness of blog entries that are nothing more than links to others, I was a bit ashamed to post a "Friday Links" entry today. Not as wigged out as Gewilli gets when showering with men, but just a little scared. But the G-man has handled that for us with today's post, so now I feel better. By the way Ge, showers ARE required at all UCI races, read the flyers. A few races seem to have squeaked by this reg, but at Noho, for instance, the availability was made quite clear, although they were not immediately adjacent to the venue. So should you get the urge to "rub asses" with Zoo and Treboner, you can knock yourself out at the RI races.

So here is my link:

Yet another cycling blogger with a sense of humor.

And even though I've probably posted this one before, expanding on Burt's post, we have the ghetto wines link.
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I thought i was pretty clear about saying that it wasn't ME that gets all wigged out showering with other guys...

    Don't bother me...

    junk is junk and everyone's junk is different...

    well... i wonder where the showers were at Sterling? Certainly not in that 'locker room' with the single toilet... or are those shower rules only for the UCI1 rules...

    if the showers ain't on site - that's pretty damn sketchy if ya ask me...

    oh and glad i can make ya feel better about just posting links and shit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, maybe I'm a poor reader, and I admit I need new glasses, but I think you edited your post to change "that makes me feel funny" to "that makes men feel funny." Beeotch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said, I need glasses, so to me you'd could just be a really tall, really, really ugly sasquatch chick. The Cronoman is the one who would wear his glasses in the shower so he could check out your junk.

    I used to have a "camper shower" for my van. It was just a 5 gallon black plastic container, kind of like a big jug-o-wine. You put it on the roof of the van in the sun, and solar heat would get it reasonably warm. Then you just open the spigot and let gravity do it's thing. It worked pretty damn well.

    If now showers at venue= no race, then that wouldn't be so good would it? And I'm wondering, at these big Euro events, do they have 600 losers from the masters and cat 5's racing in the morning, or are these events pro-only?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wasn't gonna bring that Cat 4/masters thing up...

    hell if ya aint an elite master, U23, Junior or plain old elite racer...

    ya shouldn't be racing right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The point is a big euro race doesn't need the lower cats to balance the budget. Providing shower facilities for 50 people is a lot easier than for 500. Hell, you can probably rent a trailer.

    Ever actually use one of these school showers after a cross race? By the time the elites get in there, the mud is 2 inches deep all over the floor, and the hot water is long, long gone. And of course, like all race bathrooms, the stink of shit is enough to make you take up golf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, if I admit that I'm a really, really ugly sasquatch chick does that mean I can shower with the chicks?

    ReplyDelete